Bangkok
Day 1:
YY, Xin, Merf, Shi and I took a plane at 7.30pm and arrived in Bangkok at about 10pm. We checked into our hotel and started to roam around our hotel area to look for food. We dared not try the roadside food as we were afraid that they may not be clean and we do not know how to and what to order. So in the end, we went to the 7-11 near our hotel and bought instant noodles etc to fill our stomachs. There goes the 1st day.
Day 2:
As you all had read, I had a delicious breakfast at the hotel and was ready to set of to the theme park. But Merf fell sick. So we cancelled our theme park trip and went shopping instead. We went to Central World, Siam Paragon and MBK. Central World was having a 4th Thailand Balloon Festival. However, there wasn't much balloons in the shopping mall. Only these main 2 shown below. And the items sold, were not balloons and had nothing to do with balloons.
Then we had our 1st Thai meal at a restaurant. Very decent pricing. Nice lemongrass drink, not so spicy tom yum goong and some other dishes.
And they gave us a pot of plant which we supposed was for us to eat??!
And guess what restaurant we saw? It's MK's restaurant!! It's the 241st restaurant! I'm impressed.. Hahaha.. But it's not opened by the MK in my CG.
When we were about to move to MBK to meet Merf, it started to rain heavily. Merf actually braved through the storm despite being sick. He was drenched when we saw him. So we splitted and shopped on our own for a while before meeting back for dinner. We had our dinner at about 9plus in the night as we were busy shopping and Xin was still doing her mani and pedicure. And that's where I had my very refreshing Chrysanthemun freeze. Really a brilliant idea to freeze chrysanthemun tea. Cool for a hot and tiring day!
Out of MBK, at the bridge, there were lots of small stalls selling stuff as well. Well, we didn't get to visit as the rest were not very interested. However, on the night before we flew off, Shi and I ventured on our own and I bought 3 very cheap razor back singlets for only 75 baht! I also bought a pair of shoes for 160 baht, 2 pairs of spectacles for 320 baht (can't remember if it's this price, but definitely not vey expensive) and 2 pairs of boxers for my brother.
Then Shi and I shared a tuk-tuk back to hotel for 60 baht. Good bargain for the experience. The photo is in Xin's camera... Here's what I have.. Can't see tuk-tuk at all... Hahaha!
After we went back to our hotel, Shi and I rested 1 hour plus and then we went for an oil massage just beside our hotel for just 400 baht. I think the aunty applied too much force on me.. I felt pain and aches the next day.
Day 3:
We went to Jutujak (not Chatuchak like what we all called it). It was a great regret that Shi and I didn't stayed on longer to explore more of this BIG pasar malam. We only walked about 5% of the pasar malam and it was time to meet the rest for lunch and then move back to hotel. We should have stayed behind to walk on our own. There's really a lot of things to buy over here. But time was so limited. We went back to hotel to rest a while and then went to MBK for dinner. Shi and I left earlier to do our mani and pedicure at an extension at MBK. There were so many similar shops there and we settled for one which has the most customers. I did my mani for 200 baht and pedi for 250 baht.
We then met to have our dinner at a posh foodcourt that functions like Marche.. We were given a card each to purchase our food and then pay for them later.
There were even musicians playing classical pieces for all of us while we had our meal!
Merf's side dish of oyster egg, Shi's pineapple rice and my stir fried seafood rice were from the same stall and they were very delicious!
Then Shi and I stayed to explore the bridge while the rest made their way back to the hotel. We initially wanted to go to pratunam but were told by the locals that they would be closing soon. So we just walked around the bridge. Then when most of the stalls were closed, we walked back to our hotel. On our way back, we went into a massage parlour. I did a head, shoulder and foot massage for 240 baht for 1 hour 30 min. Seriously, it's more like a whole body massage for me.
Day 4
As YY wasn't keen to visit Platinum mall and Pratunam, Shi, Merf and I checked out of the hotel earlier to visit the mall. It's another shopping paradise for Shi and I. Poor Merf had nothing much to buy because they were selling mostly female goods. We had A&W for lunch and then went back to MBK to meet up with Xin and YY for our last minute shopping of "common clothes" which we "conspire" to wear during our zone service. And that marks our last shopping venue as we made our way back to the hotel to collect our luggage.
It rained again. And for the 1st time I saw a full rainbow. Thank God for such a wonderful trip. Even though it rained, we were never drenched (except Merf). I enjoyed the shopping most! 2 regrets for this trip: Didn't get to cover more of Jutujak and didn't go to Chinatown to have seafood dinner which my cousin said I shouldn't miss. Well, I will definitely go again to complete my Bangkok trip.. Preferably with people that love seafood and drinks!!!
As for Taiwan.. I guess I have to leave till the next entry as this is too much for digestion.
No comments:
Post a Comment